What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 Memory,

Werner36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure where to find this in the settings, also what happens when the memory eventually gets used up?
appreciate any help.
Thanks

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you mean space you can find it under Settings>General>About. It lists the number of apps and songs and pictures etc., along with how much space is still available.

OP
Werner36

Werner36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
idave23 said:
If you mean space you can find it under Settings>General>About. It lists the number of apps and songs and pictures etc., along with how much space is still available.

Thanks idave23,
I have 7GB left of 14GB If I were to load a bucket load of pics on which would use up the 7GB what would happen then?? Could I unload items that I no longer have need for and would this then increase my space again or would the trashed items still use up space as well,
Just curious,

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ya know, thats a good question. I wonder if the system alerts you when you get close to the limit? One of these days we'll find out via a post on this forum that says "I filled up my iPad and it..... " :)

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the problems with trying to discuss "memory" on the iPad is the fact that Apple (intentionally, I think) confuses "memory" (RAM) with data storage. You won't ever run out of "memory" if iOS is doing its job. On the iPad2 the RAM is 512K. For the most part it doesn't matter how close you come to using that entire amount with running and suspended apps though you may find that killing some apps improves performance. If you don't do that, iOS will chug along swapping apps and suspended apps in and out of RAM as required.

You may, however, run out of data storage if you download enough data (e.g. tunes, apps, books, movies, etc.) If you come close to the storage limit of your iPad, you won't be able to download more data until you remove some "stuff." But the iPad will continue to function.

Most reactions