What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2+iPhone 4S or kindle fire

Kaliarose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Www.newhopepmuequinerescue.org
Hi. I'm new to this forum and by way of introduction, am a retired horse rescue operator. I've never been much for gadgets, but I got the iPad 2 16G wi fi a couple of months ago and it's my constant companion. I simply love it! I read, surf and do research. I also have Verizon's personal mi fi that I carry with me everywhere I go. I have never felt the need to own a smartphone of any type and have a simple cellphone. No landline. I don't talk on a phone that much. Now I have a question. I plan to get either the iPhone 4S (my 2-yr contract w/Verizon is up) or Amazon's Kindle Fire, but don't know which. Has anyone else faced this situation?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, there's not much in your description that would say you should get either one!

Personally, if you are not into gadgets, but love your iPad, why would you want a fire? The kindle app on the iPad is superb. The fire will be a nice device, but together with an iPad2 it is probably big overkill unless you really love your gadgets.

And equally, I have the 4S and love it, but I do need it as a phone. If you never call anyone and you take your iPad around with you everywhere, along with the Mifi, the only reason I can see for you getting the iP4S is if there are times when you can't take your iPad with you...

That's just my 2c, and believe me, it's not often I don't recommend someone buy a new gadget. You just haven't convinced me you really need either one. If you simply MUST go for one, go for the phone, as the fire + iPad2 are going to be too similar... :)

Most reactions

Latest posts