What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2, ios v7, photos

Janz234567

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help please? I upgraded to ios v7 last week and have managed to sort out a lot of glitches with games etc. however I have one niggly problem, v7 re-arranged my photo albums into chronological order, all well and good but.. It also tagged my photos with a location that it picked up from maps which is nowhere near where I live, it's about 60 miles away.
I can't find out how to delete this location from my pics. I can't delete Maps, and I don't want to delete the pics, but it's really annoying me because if I Share them they will have the wrong location attached to them. Please help. Jan

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Photos app doesn't have tools to edit the location data. You'll need a different app to do that, or you can do it on a computer and save the photos back to the iPad.

I'm sorry to say I can't recommend any iPad apps. I know there are a couple, but I don't use them and can't remember the names of the ones I've seen mentioned. Hopefully someone who uses one of these apps will come by and make a suggestion. If not, searching the App Store for photo and metadata should turn up something.

Good luck.

P.S. Some sites, like FaceBook will let you edit the location data after the app has been uploaded. You'll have to access the service through the website. I'm pretty sure it can't be done in the app, though I might be wrong.

Most reactions

Latest posts