What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 impressions

amateur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Forum members,

My new machine is a steep learning curve indeed. Purchased to carry around on my overseas travels instead of the laptop, first impression is that it is a really clever dick thing with many curious features designed to appeal to gadgetry minded users, and Apple enthusiasts. Always a Mac user, one who appreciates the ease of use of my 17" Macbook Pro, the iPad is a kick in the guts. I really hate the dictatorial nature of this thing, that I am at the mercy of its endless demands, and restrictions, eg YOU will, before you are granted access to say for example a "free" app, supply your credit card details, address and so on, and if you don't, well stew in your own juice. That YOU cannot access a pre existing subscription to a newspaper without jumping through this or that hoop.....It seems that Apple has become too bloody big for its boots. However, with the help of this forum I will learn how to use it, the very first lesson will be how to unlock and free it from the rapacious Apple inc.
No offence intended to dedicated lovers of the iPad !

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Amateur-sorry for hearing your frustrations, however, please try to be patient with yourself as you learn the utility of this device.

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you want to Jailbreak/Unlock your new iPad 2, I hope you haven't upgraded to iOS 5.1, if you have, you've got a bit of a wait I'm afraid

OP
A

amateur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello skimonkey,
Thank you for the encouragement, and yes, I must read the rules........
Regards

OP
A

amateur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks mate, it came with that IOS already installed. The commercial jailbreak sellers who advertise that their program will do 5.1 unlock are having us on ? My reading of the forums on this topic seem to say so.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks mate, it came with that IOS already installed. The commercial jailbreak sellers who advertise that their program will do 5.1 unlock are having us on ? My reading of the forums on this topic seem to say so.

Yep, just a con I'm afraid. Just want you to complete one of their surveys. Follow @iphonehackx or @pod2g on twitter for up to date news on the 5.1 jailbreak

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts