What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 forum bugs?

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it my imagination or is the forum a little sluggish for the iPad 2? I've got my iPod 3 running side by side... And while the iPad gets most of the load done first, something seems to make it hang partway through. It's intermittent but but I've been having to stop and reload pages to get then to finish loading 100% in a few cases.

I'll pop open the safari debug options tomorrow and see if I can spot anything. I'll also see if there are any setting differences I have overlooked.

Just seems odd.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it my imagination or is the forum a little sluggish for the iPad 2? I've got my iPod 3 running side by side... And while the iPad gets most of the load done first, something seems to make it hang partway through. It's intermittent but but I've been having to stop and reload pages to get then to finish loading 100% in a few cases.

I'll pop open the safari debug options tomorrow and see if I can spot anything. I'll also see if there are any setting differences I have overlooked.

Just seems odd.

Is this just the iPad Forum site or do other websites exhibit the same behaviour? i.e. is it an iPad issue or an iPad Forum site issue?

Tim
Scotland

OP
Dorje

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only got the iPad up and running fully in the last few hours. So far my normal cycle of evening sites has been loadin fine save here. If I find one acting odd I'll link it. It really is intermittent, this respond loaded just fine to type in while my last few had slight hangups. I'm more or less done for the night, but I'll dig more tomorrow. Also try some 3 way tests if I can between by Mac, iPod and iPad.

*edit* okay thought that would happen.... ~46 maybe 47 second hang after submitting the post (fumbled a bit getting to the stopwatch).

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the 'fix all problems' solution of power-recycling the iPad? It works wonders....

Tim

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've always found this to be a slow loading site compared to most I visit, and have just assumed it's just a server load/popularity thing.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Forum is moving/has moved to a new server - the increase in activity has been difficult to keep up with but the guys in the Executive Suite are on top of it. Expect to see major improvements.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts