What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 for biz?!

Morticia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought an iPod years ago. That was the only toe I stuck in the water where Apple was concerned.

But changes in my business caused me to rethink...got the original ipad 2 weeks before the 2 came out. Returned it. Bought the 64gb iPad2 last Friday at WalMart. I already used it for a presentation to a client! THRILLED!

2nd one arrived yesterday(ordered online from Apple) for my husband. We think it will be great for his real estate biz!

Learning curve? Yes! Also wonder if anyone has a list of must have apps for business? Off to research!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought an iPod years ago. That was the only toe I stuck in the water where Apple was concerned.

But changes in my business caused me to rethink...got the original ipad 2 weeks before the 2 came out. Returned it. Bought the 64gb iPad2 last Friday at WalMart. I already used it for a presentation to a client! THRILLED!

2nd one arrived yesterday(ordered online from Apple) for my husband. We think it will be great for his real estate biz!

Learning curve? Yes! Also wonder if anyone has a list of must have apps for business? Off to research!

Good to hear from you. Glad you are enjoying your iPad so much. You'll find loads of business apps out there - several for real estate even!!

My profession involves technical writing and presentations, so I use the Apple iPad iWorks suite of apps - 'Pages' for Word, 'Number' for Excel and 'Keynote' for PowerPoint.

You can read the Apple Help pages here

http://help.apple.com/iwork/1.3/mobile/interface/index.html#tan724868a9

They're stripped down versions of their desktop counterparts, but capable none-the-less. Complex documents cause them to 'struggle' but they're fully compatible in the other direction (i.e. iPad -> PC/Mac). There are some limitations - some bizarre - but there are workarounds if you need them. Docs2Go is another MS Office compatible suite that many Forum members like too.

I use the PCalc scientific calculator and Pocket Informant HD as my diary/calendar/to-do/project manager. For entertainment 'on the go' you can't beat the Internet radio app, TuneIn - phenomenal value for money!!

And, of course, we couldn't forget the iPad's 'Swiss Army Knife' GoodReader - consistently voted by members their 'must have' iPad app.

I hope you let us know of your experiences with the iPad and pass on any advice and tips that you have.

Tim
Scotland

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...This is the place to learn about all the various apps for sure!! Sorry I can't help you, but I can't wait to see all the following posts..

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also worth downloading Appstart from the app store as it provides lots of tips and tricks along with lists of apps for various types of work/leisure activities.

The Archangel

OP
M

Morticia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great ideas! Tim: off to check out your recommendations!

Still learning and still lovin' it!

Most reactions