iPad2 for biz?!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Morticia, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Morticia

Morticia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bought an iPod years ago. That was the only toe I stuck in the water where Apple was concerned.

But changes in my business caused me to rethink...got the original ipad 2 weeks before the 2 came out. Returned it. Bought the 64gb iPad2 last Friday at WalMart. I already used it for a presentation to a client! THRILLED!

2nd one arrived yesterday(ordered online from Apple) for my husband. We think it will be great for his real estate biz!

Learning curve? Yes! Also wonder if anyone has a list of must have apps for business? Off to research!
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0

Good to hear from you. Glad you are enjoying your iPad so much. You'll find loads of business apps out there - several for real estate even!!

My profession involves technical writing and presentations, so I use the Apple iPad iWorks suite of apps - 'Pages' for Word, 'Number' for Excel and 'Keynote' for PowerPoint.

You can read the Apple Help pages here

http://help.apple.com/iwork/1.3/mobile/interface/index.html#tan724868a9

They're stripped down versions of their desktop counterparts, but capable none-the-less. Complex documents cause them to 'struggle' but they're fully compatible in the other direction (i.e. iPad -> PC/Mac). There are some limitations - some bizarre - but there are workarounds if you need them. Docs2Go is another MS Office compatible suite that many Forum members like too.

I use the PCalc scientific calculator and Pocket Informant HD as my diary/calendar/to-do/project manager. For entertainment 'on the go' you can't beat the Internet radio app, TuneIn - phenomenal value for money!!

And, of course, we couldn't forget the iPad's 'Swiss Army Knife' GoodReader - consistently voted by members their 'must have' iPad app.

I hope you let us know of your experiences with the iPad and pass on any advice and tips that you have.

Tim
    Scotland
  3. iPadOhana

iPadOhana iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Welcome to the forum...This is the place to learn about all the various apps for sure!! Sorry I can't help you, but I can't wait to see all the following posts..
  4. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    Also worth downloading Appstart from the app store as it provides lots of tips and tricks along with lists of apps for various types of work/leisure activities.

The Archangel
  5. Morticia

Morticia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the great ideas! Tim: off to check out your recommendations!

Still learning and still lovin' it!