What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 exits me put of Facebook to home screen and sometimes blank screen

NeedToKnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For a few weeks now when I am on Facebook My iPad, or more likely Safari, exits me out of Facebook and to my home screen, or to a blank screen. I have not changed anything. I am not doing anything different. Is anyone else having this problem? How do I fix it? iOS 5. Not upgrading to iOS 6. This started before iOS 6 was released anyway. I don't have a bunch of friends on Facebook. It is not how I socialize. I only have it to like 5 businesses.

Thank you in advance.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there...not sure if you have done any of these fixes, but often times these do help.

Sometimes it is best to force your apps to close to free up some of your RAM. To do this: Force the app to close down by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

Also, another thing worth doing is to reset your iPad. To do this: do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

Give those a try and see if that works.

May also be worth in clearing your cookies by going in to your Safari settings. When you do this, you will need to enter your passwords again.

OP
N

NeedToKnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hi there...not sure if you have done any of these fixes, but often times these do help.

Sometimes it is best to force your apps to close to free up some of your RAM. To do this: Force the app to close down by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

Also, another thing worth doing is to reset your iPad. To do this: do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

Give those a try and see if that works.

May also be worth in clearing your cookies by going in to your Safari settings. When you do this, you will need to enter your passwords again.

I have done two of the three. I have done the force stop and I have cleared cookies and also cleared out what clicking the advance in that section clears. I will try the reset. Don't know why I didn't think to do the reset. Thanks. If it happens after that, I will post again. It is very odd.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That sounds good, let us know. Also, did you say you were only at ios 5? Since than and before ios 6, the update went to 5.1.1 which helped fix some of the bugs especially noted with on the original iPad.

OP
N

NeedToKnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
That sounds good, let us know. Also, did you say you were only at ios 5? Since than and before ios 6, the update went to 5.1.1 which helped fix some of the bugs especially noted with on the original iPad.

Actually, I didn't know what the 5.whatever was. I have the most recent 5.? before the 6.0 was released. I was up-to-date until 6.0.

OP
N

NeedToKnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the clearing and the reset and it did happen again. I was exited out of Safari. It seems to be happening when I am putting the screen back to normal with my fingers in the screen. I have always made the screen (text) larger and then put it back to normal without a problem but for the past couple weeks it now exits me out of Facebook. I have not noticed it happening on any other site. I do not use the mobile addition of Facebook and never have had this problem. The mobile version is too difficult to actually use. Not a fan. I don't think using the full web version is the problem because I have always used it without a problem.

I have the iPad2, 64, 3G, the iOS was up-to-date until the iOS 6 release so it is 5.something, and it happens at home and in the car using the 3G, so I doubt it is my wifi. I have plenty of space available, and don't think that would play a part either, but just in case someone asks thought I would throw that in.

I have had it happen when that is the only tab opened as well as the three tabs I pretty much always use for the three sites I visit regularly. Again, even with all three tabs in use, that is not unusual and have always been doing it long before the last couple weeks. Nothing I do has changed in the last couple weeks. I have not dropped my iPad nor have I spilled anything on it. I take extremely good care of it.

KaitlynnTyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
organicjuicing.net
Always make sure your iPad is updated when you run into any problems. If you still have a problem, then seek out forums like these. Just trying to save you some time! Many issues are fixed by simply updating, unless its a physical issue.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did the clearing and the reset and it did happen again. I was exited out of Safari. It seems to be happening when I am putting the screen back to normal with my fingers in the screen. I have always made the screen (text) larger and then put it back to normal without a problem but for the past couple weeks it now exits me out of Facebook. I have not noticed it happening on any other site. I do not use the mobile addition of Facebook and never have had this problem. The mobile version is too difficult to actually use. Not a fan. I don't think using the full web version is the problem because I have always used it without a problem.

I have the iPad2, 64, 3G, the iOS was up-to-date until the iOS 6 release so it is 5.something, and it happens at home and in the car using the 3G, so I doubt it is my wifi. I have plenty of space available, and don't think that would play a part either, but just in case someone asks thought I would throw that in.

I have had it happen when that is the only tab opened as well as the three tabs I pretty much always use for the three sites I visit regularly. Again, even with all three tabs in use, that is not unusual and have always been doing it long before the last couple weeks. Nothing I do has changed in the last couple weeks. I have not dropped my iPad nor have I spilled anything on it. I take extremely good care of it.

Darn, I was hoping that those immediate fixes would have helped. I don't know the reasons for not updating your iPad, however, this might be a consideration you might want to think about. This may help address some of the bugs you're noticing when viewing FB on safari.

OP
N

NeedToKnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Darn, I was hoping that those immediate fixes would have helped. I don't know the reasons for not updating your iPad, however, this might be a consideration you might want to think about. This may help address some of the bugs you're noticing when viewing FB on safari.

The reason I am hesitant to update is I was getting conflicting info on using YouTube through the YouTube.com site. Some said you could and others who updated not realizing they would lose YouTube, tried it and found they could not view the videos. The problem with the errors with the iMaps is not an issue with me, but I use YouTube for training videos. I was at our local Apple store the other day and played with an iPhone 5. I went to YouTube.com and tried to view the instruction videos I watch and was pleased to find they did not have Flash embedded in them, so I would be able to view what I watch on YouTube on YouTube.com directly and can just add that site to my home screen, in affect creating my own little "app". That was my issue with updating.

I was not interested in using the small screen iPhone YouTube app Google released until they release their iPad version. Need the larger iPad screen to view these videos.

Do you think that maybe Facebook has played with their program that has made it unstable with the iOS 5.1.1(whatever the last version was before the iOS 6) ? Strange I haven't heard anyone state having this problem, but the issue does seem to
have started in the vicinity of the iOS 6 release time frame.

The iOS 6 also has me concerned because I heard their email changed. I cannot use a Motorola droid because it does not support the POP3 or SMTP (STMP?) my roadrunner uses, even with the mobile SMTP or POP3 info being used in the setup. I can't afford have that problem with my iPad. I removed my email from the Motorola Atrix phone. I can't be getting authentication errors for that. Right now my iPad handles it beautifully. Again people say that using the alternate SMTP or POP3 info works for them. I have found that it is inconsistent. Roadrunner people blame Google and Google blames roadrunner for this. The Motorola droid I had uses Google and I think Google bought the Atrix.

So, now I am concerned with the mail. I am concerned that they did something that makes it no longer compatible with roadrunner without jumping through hoops or work consistently.

tx00824

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had similar problem with tvcatchup app every time I taped it it loaded and in a moment went back to springboard. So I have deleted it and all settings and installed again and this helped me. Did you try it?

OP
N

NeedToKnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tx00824 said:
I had similar problem with tvcatchup app every time I taped it it loaded and in a moment went back to springboard. So I have deleted it and all settings and installed again and this helped me. Did you try it?

What am I to delete? I don't use the Mobile Facebook. I can't stand it. I have always gone to Facebook.com. I tried the mobile Facebook for a little while and deleted it. But the full Facebook site was not doing this before or right after trying the mobile. This just started a few weeks ago. So far today, I have not been booted. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Most reactions

Latest posts