What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 email storage issue

Randy Hughes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad2 and trying to free up memory to load OS8. I have deleted and trashed all emails but the storage still shows over 3 GB of email data. How do I clear the email storage and fee up memory? It appears that the ipad continues to keep deleted and trashed emails in memory as the file continues to grow.......suggestions?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Delete the email account/s and reinstall it/them. Usually this should free up some storage space.

In case you try to update over the air, on your iPad only: use iTunes on your computer to update your device. Afaik. This won't need that amount of storage space for updating. Make sure to backup your iPad before updating.

If you don't get rid of the storage space for emails, backup your iPad and restore it using iTunes. Thus you'll update your device to iOS 8, and get rid of Other, which is supposedly partly the reason for your email storage space.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts