What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 dying !!!

davecabezo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi my wife's iPad is just so slow and after a couple of minutes trying to carry out a task it will eventually revert back to the start screen. She has deleted a lot of junk she no longer needs but it's made no difference. It seems to me as if there's a hardware problem but is there anyway to narrow down what is causing the problem. Unfortunately we live in Tenerife and professional help is very thin on the ground.

Regards

Dave

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi my wife's iPad is just so slow and after a couple of minutes trying to carry out a task it will eventually revert back to the start screen. She has deleted a lot of junk she no longer needs but it's made no difference. It seems to me as if there's a hardware problem but is there anyway to narrow down what is causing the problem. Unfortunately we live in Tenerife and professional help is very thin on the ground.

Hi Dave - let me just get your thread started; first, some additional information would help: 1) What iOS is installed; 2) What is the capacity of the device (e.g. 16 GB or more); and 3) How much of that capacity is used (check in Settings)?

Second, have your tried a 'Reset', i.e. hold both ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears (may take about 10 secs), release and allow the iPad to reboot - does that help?

Finally, do you have the iPad backed up to a computer w/ iTunes and/or an iCloud backup? The reason for this question is my next suggestion would be a restoration of the device - see this Apple Support Article for an explanation; others will hopefully 'chime in' w/ comments. Dave :)

OP
D

davecabezo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for your reply,
Unfortunately my wife has given her iPad to a chap from work who said he would look at it for her, if he hasn't sorted it then I will go through the steps you suggest. From memory the OS was 9.2 and the memory was 32Gb
Regards

Dave

Most reactions