What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 DVD Region code

masquerade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good day,
I recently bought an iPad2 in the USA and brought it back to the UK. However, it says that it is unable to play DVDs. I used iTunes to access a European-code DVD and it plays OK on an iPod touch. However, when opened using "video" on the iPad, it starts to open but a pop-up states that the iPad is unable to play the video. I suspect that this is due to the iPad2 being set up for the USA region. How do I reset it for the European region?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How are you transferring the DVD to the iPad? Are you using Handbrake or some other video conversion program?

Tim

OP
M

masquerade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
more detail

How are you transferring the DVD to the iPad? Are you using Handbrake or some other video conversion program?

Tim

I bought the DVD from a local store, and it included a "digital copy" and an authourisation key. This allowed you to choose either iTunes or MediaPlayer. I chose iTunes and it copied the files to the appropriate location, then connected to iTunes to validate the key. A message came up saying that the key was OK. I then used iTunes to download to the iPod and iPad2 - it played sucesfully on the iPod but not iPad. I also tried on mediaplayer - and it played OK.

On the iPAD - you see the icon in the list of videos and, when you select it, the video starts to launch. However, while the icon then fills the screen, it then splits down the middle vertically and a pop-up appears to say that the video can not be played. I'm assuming that it is an invalid DVD region - but maybe way off the mark.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say it included a 'digital copy' and an 'authorisation key' can you be more specific; I've not heard of this before, so it's almost certainly me. Was this digital copy on another form of media?

Tim

OP
M

masquerade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say it included a 'digital copy' and an 'authorisation key' can you be more specific; I've not heard of this before, so it's almost certainly me. Was this digital copy on another form of media?

Tim

Tim,

The video was published by Fox (www dot foxconnect dot com) and, when you launch it, as well as the standard menu items such as Play, there is the option "Transfer Digital Copy". The serial number for iTunes and Windows media is printed on the sheet of paper containing the instructions. It is the first time I've seen it as well - but it is very welcomed.

Chris

Most reactions

Latest posts