Ipad2/dropbox

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by lindy2u, May 21, 2012.

1. lindy2u

lindy2u iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know how to copy entire file file of photos in Dropbox and then email. I can copy individual pic but there are 80 has to be easier. Help pls
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 0
    To be honest, the easiest thing to do is to move those pictures over to your Dropbox's Public folder. Then, you can create a link to those pictures and e-mail that link to whomever.

It makes it a lot simpler than trying to mail 80+ photos at once, plus your recipient will have an easier time of viewing (they'll just need to click on the link and browse at their leisure).

Marilyn
  3. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,099 / 1
    +1 on Dropbox! Agree with Marilyn---it is a very useful app!
  4. followthesapper

followthesapper iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    I know you can upload multiple files at once, but it may take a while with that number, but as far as I am aware it isn't possible to upload folders.
  5. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 0
    After re-reading this, I think I misunderstood your question. Yes, you can take a folder that's on your computer (I have Windows, so that's all I know, BTW) and drag that folder into the Dropbox folder. Or, you can copy the folder and paste it into the Dropbox folder.

The beauty of the interface that Dropbox has with your computer is that it is as if you have the Dropbox folder right there on the computer, just like any other Windows Explorer folder. You can delete from it, copy, paste draws in, drag out, etc.

Two things about dragging a folder with your 80 pictures in it to the Dropbox folder on your computer: (1) It will take time for those 80 pictures to upload to Dropbox. No one can access them via Dropbox until that upload is done. That's why I usually do any big Dropbox moves at night, so it's done in the morning (cause it can take hours). And,

(2) If you drag a folder into the Dropbox folder, it will actually move that folder to Dropbox; those pictures will no longer be on your local computer's hard drive, they'll only be in Dropbox. So, if you want a local copy, may I suggest you do a copy and paste, instead.

I hope this clarifies it a bit more. And, I hope we've actually managed to answer your question! :)

Marilyn
    • Like Like x 1
  6. followthesapper

followthesapper iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    Hey thanks, Marilyn, never knew that, as I always say "every day is a school day".