What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad2 Camera Roll question?

TiaMargia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, please can someone help me.
I have had my new iPad2 for 4 weeks now and am picking up good tips from this great forum.
So far I have approx. 50 photos on my camera roll.
I can see all these photos on my camera roll when I open up the Photos icon.
However, when I go into Settings and click on the Brightness and Wallpaper tab, then move to the Camera Roll, all I can see on my screen are lots of grey boxes. Why can't I see all my photo images?
If I click on a grey box it will open a photo image on the screen but I want to see all the images straight off rather than taking pot luck with the grey boxes.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.:)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Tia - I'm a new owner of an iPad2 and your problem seems unusual, i.e. maybe just a fluke in the OS? I just checked my own iPad and had no problem w/ showing my 'camera roll' to select a background - NOW, I don't have 50 or so images but not sure if there is a limit?

For me, I'd probably try to 'restart' or 'reset' the iPad (similar to rebooting a computer which is an iPad) - directions are available in the iPad guide toward the end or you can 'google' those terms for more information; your current data should be preserved - worth a try to see if this may solve you issue?

Please review that option so you understand the process or wait for some other posts to see if a more specific command may be suggested - good luck - :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Restart is a good place to start. :)

Hold down the power button until the red power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, wait a few seconds then hold the power button down again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't do the trick let us know and we'll move on to the next possible fix.

OP
T

TiaMargia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for advice.
Still a mystery why the camera roll suddenly disappeared on my iPad2.
However, I am pleased to confirm that switching off my iPad2 ('rebooting' it) got rid of the problem. Why didn't I think of that?
Lesson learnt. :D
It would appear that iPads are just like computers. They suddenly do things to confuse you and just need a 're-boot' to bring them back into reality.
Technology.......don't you just luurrrrve it!!! :D

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, glad that your back in business - next time it will be your first try - :D

Wife was complaining about her Windows desktop - so I yelled just re-boot - back to normal - I'm a GI radiologist and we use Siemens xray machines that run a Unix OS - when one shuts down, guess what, we re-boot and it's up again.

I guess no one can escape this issue - good luck! :)

OP
T

TiaMargia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, iPads are computers. They are just a little more touchy feelly. :D

;) Feeling embarrassed now!
I guess I've got far too 'touchy feelly' with my new iPad that I've started to think it is my new cuddly friend and not just another computer. :D
Thank goodness the new iPad covers aren't made of fur or I'd be even more confused. :confused:

Have a great day :)

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, glad that your back in business - next time it will be your first try - :D

Wife was complaining about her Windows desktop - so I yelled just re-boot - back to normal - I'm a GI radiologist and we use Siemens xray machines that run a Unix OS - when one shuts down, guess what, we re-boot and it's up again.

I guess no one can escape this issue - good luck! :)

LOL, my Dad was a surgeon (he died a few years ago)

He was sitting in a large commercial airplane on the runway waiting to take off. After about 1/2 hour, the pilot announced they where returning to the gate and switching planes as the computer was "frozen up".

A few minutes later, he made a second announcement saying he had rebooted the system and it seemed fine so they where continuing on........

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
LOL, my Dad was a surgeon (he died a few years ago)

He was sitting in a large commercial airplane on the runway waiting to take off. After about 1/2 hour, the pilot announced they where returning to the gate and switching planes as the computer was "frozen up".

A few minutes later, he made a second announcement saying he had rebooted the system and it seemed fine so they where continuing on........

Hi John - great story - on an airline probably a Linux OS (hey, they are free and then charge us for checking in baggage!) - thanks for the story - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts