What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 battery life

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tend to recharge my iPad every second day. Lets see, that's at least 5 years . Not too shabby! Well before that I'll probably bite the bullet and get the iPad13

I always use my tablets to the full without worrying about battery life, because I want to take full advantage of their convenience, and the battery is replaceable if it comes down to it. Either you can replace it yourself or, in iPad's case, you can send it to Apple for about $100 for a replacement. Of course, by then, it might not be worth replacing.

I've had iPad 1 since day one of the 3G model and used it like crazy. During the first year of use, when I was taking a year off work, I often drained it once a day. I'm not careful with charging -- I often use it till it's drained. After 2.5 years, its battery is still going strong. Its guts are showing age because newer firmware, apps and graphic-intensive websites are crashing or slowing it, though. So for me, the battery has outlived the iPad's innards.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I always use my tablets to the full without worrying about battery life, because I want to take full advantage of their convenience, and the battery is replaceable if it comes down to it. Either you can replace it yourself or, in iPad's case, you can send it to Apple for about $100 for a replacement. Of course, by then, it might not be worth replacing.

I've had iPad 1 since day one of the 3G model and used it like crazy. During the first year of use, when I was taking a year off work, I often drained it once a day. I'm not careful with charging -- I often use it till it's drained. After 2.5 years, its battery is still going strong. Its guts are showing age because newer firmware, apps and graphic-intensive websites are crashing or slowing it, though. So for me, the battery has outlived the iPad's innards.

That's good to know KayKayKay. Comforting to know that by the time my iPad battery gives up the ghost we'll all be using newer models that we can only strain our imaginations about what they will be like.
The new "iPadSoft" after Apple takes over Microsoft, maybe?
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions