What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 battery life

twinguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image-2497684247.jpg

Anyone know how long the battery will last on the ipad2 before it would have to be replaced, Just wondering,

Last edited by a moderator:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wonder what the average time that represents? Two years? One year? Hmmmmmm.....

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder what the average time that represents? Two years? One year? Hmmmmmm.....

I tend to recharge my iPad every second day. Lets see, that's at least 5 years. Not too shabby! Well before that I'll probably bite the bullet and get the iPad13

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
s2mikey said:

Assuming one full charge cycle every day, that's almost 2 years and 9 months.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Assuming one full charge cycle every day, that's almost 2 years and 9 months.

I find that I don't drive my machines that hard, so I expect to get double this. I'm sure I'd be bore with the tech before the battery runs how. And if you have more than one tablet....

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The battery should last for about 1000 full charge cycles.

Apple - Batteries - iPad

1000 FULL CHARGE cycles. I've seen that too but only now stopped to think. What is really meant by Full Charge Cycle? Completely run down to say 10% or empty? I recharge every second day when on my usage it is usually very close to 40%. That's not a Full Charge Cycle is it?
Regards, Andrew

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The OB said:
1000 FULL CHARGE cycles. I've seen that too but only now stopped to think. What is really meant by Full Charge Cycle? Completely run down to say 10% or empty? I recharge every second day when on my usage it is usually very close to 40%. That's not a Full Charge Cycle is it?
Regards, Andrewddc28

No it isn't. From 40% to 100% is only 60% of a full charge cycle.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
Regards, Andrewddc28

Full charge cycle is 100%. If you charge from 40% to 80%, then 60% to 80% then 60% to 100% then added together they equal one full charge cycle.

The Archangel

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Which is why I just charge mine up all the time when I'm not using it and it is convenient to do so. I don't "slave" myself into worrying about charge cycles.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Full charge cycle is 100%. If you charge from 40% to 80%, then 60% to 80% then 60% to 100% then added together they equal one full charge cycle.

The Archangel

Thanks Skyfan and Gabriel. That's what I thought a full recycle was. But now really puzzled. Does that mean if I recharge daily from say 80% (ie every 5 charges is a full cycle)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The OB said:
Thanks Skyfan and Gabriel. That's what I thought a full recycle was. But now really puzzled. Does that mean if I recharge daily from say 80% (ie every 5 charges is a full cycle)

Exactly!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Skyfan and Gabriel. That's what I thought a full recycle was. But now really puzzled. Does that mean if I recharge daily from say 80% (ie every 5 charges is a full cycle) then 1000 cycles is a 13 year life of the battery. I think there are other factors in play which could not make it that long. But does it matter, that period of time

Most reactions

Latest posts