What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 battery charging.

Eli02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im confuse, some says do not make unnecessary charge on your ipad batt, some says you can charge it anytime convenient. Which one is right? Can you help me out here guys!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think you are hurting anything by charging it whenever you want. What I have been doing is just to charge the unit when the battery level gets to around 20% or so. Then, about once a month or thereabouts I let it run completely down to like 5% or less. This lets the meter calibrate itself and gets the battery through a full charge cycle too.

Seems to be working great for me so far.

shellyvball

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my ipad2 replaced with a charge of 345.oo dollars, and the new ipad2 unit won't charge properly. Any idea why? It will charge overnight to 67% when it is turned off. I am using the original charger. I replaced the cord, in case that was it. It was such a pain to sync it when I put the back up on the new ipad2, I can't imagine going through it again.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
shellyvball said:
I just got my ipad2 replaced with a charge of 345.oo dollars, and the new ipad2 unit won't charge properly. Any idea why? It will charge overnight to 67% when it is turned off. I am using the original charger. I replaced the cord, in case that was it. It was such a pain to sync it when I put the back up on the new ipad2, I can't imagine going through it again.

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

That is really strange, it should charge fully overnight. You must use the charger that came with the iPad as it uses more power to charge than say an iPhone. An iPhone charger will charge the iPad albeit very slowly. Do a reset of the iPad and see how it responds -
Reset: Hold the power off button, on the top on the right hand side and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. This is a reset. Let us know how you go.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also i wanted to know whether putting the ipad to charge overnight is a good thing? is there any harm from over charge..As it still keeps charging even after full 100% charge..Or is there some mechanism that does not let it overcharge?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also i wanted to know whether putting the ipad to charge overnight is a good thing? is there any harm from over charge..As it still keeps charging even after full 100% charge..Or is there some mechanism that does not let it overcharge?

It automatically stops charging. Not a problem.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You sure about that?? is there something written on this by APPLE to confirm it?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You sure about that?? is there something written on this by APPLE to confirm it?

You could try to find something written. I haven't looked. I took an iPad workshop at Apple (they're free) and that's what the instructor said.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ohh.ok then that must be true..unless they are trying to fool us :p

Lol. The guy had an explanation that I don't remember. I took brief notes and all I have under that part is "can't overcharge." I remember that it came up because someone was asking about leaving an iPad docked for extended periods.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This question has come up many times here and some good and in depth discussions have been had, one of our other Mods provided links showing that you can't overcharge the iPad battery due to the intelligent charging circuitry in the iPad.....but I'll be damned if I can find them now! Do note though, that this circuitry is built into the iPad not the charger, this means that the iPad is in control of the charge at all times rather than an external charger, this is good!

The Archangel

Yhetski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.. Is it ok to pull a charging ipad while its not fully charge then plug it again after using for a few minute? Or ill just wait till my battery is at 20% to charge again? And btw is it true that i should not let my battery below 20% or it will affect its battery life span?

Most reactions

Latest posts