What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 back up fail

davegoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just discovered this morning that my ipad2 was unable to back up to my computer. Make the following attempt but still unsuccessful :
A) restart device - iPad
B) reboot my MacBook Pro
C) switch to back up to iCloud and then and revert to back up to my computer.

Anyone help would be much appreciated.
Boon8

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
davegoh said:
I suppose so version 10.6.1

Can you give us some more details on what is happening. Is your iPad being detected? Do you get any error messages?

OP
D

davegoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Can you give us some more details on what is happening. Is your iPad being detected? Do you get any error messages?

Yes. In iTunes it is show in Device. It works when I select "back up to iCloud" . But fail with " back up to this computer". The same thing works for my iPhone for Bo back up option.

Sorry for the late response.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
davegoh said:
Yes. In iTunes it is show in Device. It works when I select "back up to iCloud" . But fail with " back up to this computer". The same thing works for my iPhone for Bo back up option.

Sorry for the late response.

If you have iCloud backup on, iTunes will automatically stop doing backups when syncing with your PC. You can force iTunes to do a backup, right click on the iPad under the Devices list and choose Backup.

OP
D

davegoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
If you have iCloud backup on, iTunes will automatically stop doing backups when syncing with your PC. You can force iTunes to do a backup, right click on the iPad under the Devices list and choose Backup.

Well, I am very certain hat the iCloud back up is auto switch off when select back up to computer. Already tried the way you suggest but still unsuccessful. Guess I have to wait for iTunes updates and see if it will resolve the issue. Thanks for your time.

Most reactions

Latest posts