What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 at Fry's!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Yeah, I've dealt with their bigger brother Pea Sea World, it's a desperate time when I have to go in there!

The Archangel

Oh you two are a laugh a minute aren't you

droid2mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been to the Fry's store in or near San Jose. Great store. Here on the east coast Micro Center is the place, like Fry's but more organized.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the stock selection that Frys carries.

I HATE that they want to try and treat me like a thief when I leave, by requesting to view and then writing on MINE receipt. When they request my receipt as I'm leaving I just say NO and leave.;)

Reaction score
Rudinater said:
I love the stock selection the Frys carries.

I HATE that they want to try and treat me like a thief when I leave, by requesting to view and then writing on MINE receipt. When they request my receipt as I'm leaving I just say NO and leave.;)

You would love shopping in eastern Europe, because they tend to check your receipt upon leaving everywhere, in Romania even when leaving a supermarket :D

Btw. it's not so much treating you as a thief, as checking that the cashiers actually charge you for items. It's the cashiers which are not trusted.

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been to the Fry's store in or near San Jose. Great store. Here on the east coast Micro Center is the place, like Fry's but more organized.

I have been to that one, Dale!

I HATE that they want to try and treat me like a thief when I leave, by requesting to view and then writing on MINE receipt.

Costco checks your receipt and your cart.

Btw. it's not so much treating you as a thief, as checking that the cashiers actually charge you for items.

Exactly.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night I was at Fry's Electronics ~ No one probably has heard of it before, pretty big here. Literally, actually!

Anyways ~ I asked them if they had the iPad2 and this guy looked it up in his computer and they had 20 of the 64 Verizon.

I asked him if there was one on display that I could play with and he said:

"Oh no, the second one won't be a display model" I asked him why and he stated that "because, that is the way it is, do you understand?"

Now, that was harsh, yes?:p

But they had quite a few, apparently. And my daughter said last yesterday that Sac State will be selling them soon as well.

That's Fry's, run by total a-holes, but they have EVERYTHING...like everything. Need a serial to parallel adapter? Need ram for a 386? It's like the biggest electronics garage sale in the world.

What theme is the one near you?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night I was at Fry's Electronics ~ No one probably has heard of it before, pretty big here. Literally, actually!

Anyways ~ I asked them if they had the iPad2 and this guy looked it up in his computer and they had 20 of the 64 Verizon.

"Oh no, the second one won't be a display model" I asked him why and he stated that "because, that is the way it is, do you understand?"

But they had quite a few, apparently. And my daughter said last yesterday that Sac State will be selling them soon as well.

That's Fry's, run by total a-holes, but they have EVERYTHING...like everything. Need a serial to parallel adapter? Need ram for a 386? It's like the biggest electronics garage sale in the world.

It really is! I can't remember what it was called before they changed it to Fry's. It is bugging me.:mad:

They do have everything, it would seem ~ we get a lot of movies there as the prices are great. The few times I dealt personally with the staff, they don't give off that warm and fuzzy feeling that the Apple store does!

They talk down to you.:(

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It really is! I can't remember what it was called before they changed it to Fry's. It is bugging me.:mad:

They do have everything, it would seem ~ we get a lot of movies there as the prices are great. The few times I dealt personally with the staff, they don't give off that warm and fuzzy feeling that the Apple store does!

I had to go there for an oddly obscure network component and I had NO idea where to look...I asked a couple people and they didn't even look up from their computer and just pointed to the aisle.

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It really is! I can't remember what it was called before they changed it to Fry's. It is bugging me.
The Fry's location near Portland, OR was Incredible Universe, related to Tandy/Radio Shack, but I don't know if Fry's and Incredible Universe were connected in any way.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Strange I fine that Apple store employees talk down to people as well.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It really is! I can't remember what it was called before they changed it to Fry's. It is bugging me.
The Fry's location near Portland, OR was Incredible Universe, related to Tandy/Radio Shack, but I don't know if Fry's and Incredible Universe were connected in any way.

YES! That is what it used to be! Incredible Universe.

Thankyouverymuch.:)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Strange I fine that Apple store employees talk down to people as well.

Really? I am shocked. When I walk into, or anyone really, our local Apple stores, it is like they roll out the red carpet! I have never seen such customer service.

Where do you live?

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have a Fry's here just outside of Atlanta, on the NE side. I've never had a bad experience there, but I have seen repackaged items on the shelves (torn boxes that had been taped up - obvious returns). Customer service has been good, but I've found the people in the computer department can be a little condescending when you tell them you're just looking.
I bought my 60 mile range HD antenna there, as well as a few adapters I wasn't able to find anywhere else. Prices are good, but I won't buy movies there. Way too expensive for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts