What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 as AppleTV monitor?

rupe624

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of having to look at my TV screen while using AppleTV (which I love btw). Can I get a converter cable that allows me to use my iPad2 in place of the tv. I can use the headphone jack for sound out if necessary.

OP
R

rupe624

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rambler, I'm happy to watch movies on my giant tv screen. I just find it intrusive to have it on while playing audio only material. I'm interested in having the choice of subbing the iPad for the flatscreen so it's less visible.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Everything that the apple tv is able to do, the iPad can do it. Is it an apple tv 1 and you have files stored on it? I have the apple tv 2, and a PC with iTunes running as a media server, using home sharing. So all my medias are on the PC, and I can watch movies or listen to music from any iOS devices as I see fit.

I guess that your music collection is on the apple tv 1.. The only solutions would be to copy your music on your iPad. If your are using live Internet radios, shout cast is available on the iPad, giving you the same choices as the apple tv.

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts