What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 apps added to iphone automatically

bwags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noticed that random apps which I add to either my iphone4 or ipad2, show up on the other one automatically. It is not due to sync with itunes or anything. Example: last night I downloaded Fandango to my iphone while on the way to the movies. This morning when I opened my ipad, Fandango was there. Is there a wireless sync setting for these devices? Neither one is jailbroken.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
You need to shut off your "Automatic Downloads" in the iTunes Store.

In iTunes on your PC, click "Edit">"Preferences" then click on the "Store" icon (looks like a shopping bag.) Now uncheck all the boxes "Music", "Apps", and "Books." That should stop all the apps and music from jumping across devices. Whenever a new version of iTunes is detected it will ask you if you want to automatically download. Be sure to click "No" when you see this message. You may not have noticed it when you downloaded the new version recently.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
That will stop them downloading to his iTunes library on his computer, but he needs to do the same on each device as well to stop them automatically downloading direct to the device.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
That will stop them downloading to his iTunes library on his computer, but he needs to do the same on each device as well to stop them automatically downloading direct to the device.

I don't recall ever changing any settings on my device to prevent this. Just answered "No" to the download question and settings described above. Where is the setting that prohibits auto download on the iPhone4 or iPad1? I couldn't find settings for either. Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts