1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad2 app updates. Do I update apps that have the word "retina" in them?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Alexandria, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Alexandria

Alexandria iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I Have an ipad2. When I update my current apps do I update ones that have an update for retina. Some of these retina updates also say they updating minor fixes also. Thank you!
  2. Midranger4

Midranger4 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    If the update is exclusively retina related you don't need it but unfortunately retina updates target all iPads not just retina ready ones and attempting to micromanage updates based on retina functionality is going to prove quit cumbersome.

I would recommend taking all updates regardless of their stated scope. Most existing apps, at least the most popular have already pushed out their retina updates.
  3. s2mikey

s2mikey iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0
    I agree, I've been taking all the updates even though I realize that the retina stuff is a major piece of the latest updates. Oh well.
  4. MattIM

MattIM Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    I always update apps when I'm notified of the changes--even though some of the apps advise that they are upgrading to take advantage of the new iPad features such as retina display. On my original iPad, the app upgrades look good and they don't seem to take as long as they used to when I launch them. I sense that with the iOS5.1 update along with the focus of improving apps, even if the upgrade is for retina displays and other features of the new iPad, my original iPad benefits.