What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 and iCloud

dbortz9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am running out of space on my 16GB wifi iPad2. A lot of it is music (7GB). I am thinking about subscribing to iCloud but I have the following reservations. Am I correct about these things:

1) My music will be physically removed from my iPad, except for those items that Apple cannot identify.
2) Since I have wifi only, if I am at a place where I cannot access my wifi network (like in a car), I will not have access to most of my music.

Any corrections or confirmations would be appreciated.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are talking about iTunes Match, then:

1) No your music will not be removed, but any music stored in the cloud that is not on your device will show up with a small cloud next to it, which means you can download it to your device when you want. Any tracks Apple cannot identify will not be stored in the cloud. They will not be removed from you device (although I'm not sure what will happen when you sync with iTunes on your pc/mac).
2) To download any missing music you will need a wi-fi connection.

akarab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1.- as long as yo purchased your songs from iTunes, you will be able to download from the cloud, not sure if you can play from could.
2.- yes, without Wi Fi you will not be able to access cloud stored data

Most reactions

Latest posts