What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad2 and HyperDrive ipad hard drive

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can come close to 50 with

a 32 gig card in your Airstash. My Mpeg4 movies average around 661 meg each. Cards are cheap.

I prefer to leave most of my movies on the HDD of my Mac for long term storage and take with me those I will view on a trip. I can't take a trip long or boring enough to cause me to watch 50 movies.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
a 32 gig card in your Airstash. My Mpeg4 movies average around 661 meg each. Cards are cheap.

I prefer to leave most of my movies on the HDD of my Mac for long term storage and take with me those I will view on a trip. I can't take a trip long or boring enough to cause me to watch 50 movies.

My movies avg about 1 g. What's the format (resolution and audio back) on urs.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

tecwritr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you use the airstash is there some kind of sd card adapter so you can plug any type of memory card in to it?

yvjanard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Direct view from hyperdrive

I am not a expert so take what a say with a grain of salt so this is what I have found out by using it.. First you can only transfer photos & videos one way from the hyperdrive to the ipad. It transfers the videos to photos app but unless they are converted for ipad viewing before transfer they show in photo as movie but you cannot view them. While on our cruise I plan to store them on the hyperdrive & when we come home transfer them to my pc convert & then put them on the ipad. This way I don't have to pack a pc in my bag. As I said in my post the transfer speed is amazing. Hope this has helped jimjoh

Is it possible to watch videos that are stored on hyperdrive, on ipad, without transfering them to ipad.

Fairlight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to be able to download RAW files from ipad2 to hard drive.
Is there any product available that will do this?
Not keen on wireless options as they don't seem to be very reliable.
Thanks fr any advice.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fairlight said:
I need to be able to download RAW files from ipad2 to hard drive.
Is there any product available that will do this?
Not keen on wireless options as they don't seem to be very reliable.
Thanks fr any advice.

Whilst it does use wireless, the CloudFTP may well do what you require.....it's worth a look anyway?

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-connect/75570-cloudftp.html

The Archangel

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:

The reason for 50 movies is not to watch on the trip, it is to have enough choice to fit your mood.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tecwritr said:
If you use the airstash is there some kind of sd card adapter so you can plug any type of memory card in to it?

The air stash had a slot in it for an SD card. That is central to how it works.

Most reactions

Latest posts