What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 4.3.3 to 5.1.1

coffeefox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks,

iPad2 4.3.3

Seeking some more technical assistance here - having spent the last 6 hours trying to update my current 4.3.3 to 5.1.1. Including hours and hours on google finding NOTHING.

I've tried TinyUmbrella w/ iTunes, and RedSn0W to update the ISPW.

RedSn0w demands SHSH blobs from my current 4.3.3 firmware, which i can't seem to obtain. 5.1.1 is available through Cydia and TinyUmbrella. But no way to get ahold of my own 4.3.3.

I've installed iSHSHIT on my iPad. Tried to get my SHSH blobs - but "no longer signed by apple".

Updating with Tunes / TinyUmbrella only gives me a 1600 error.

Any ideas?

Thnx!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, without those SHSH blobs for iOS 4.x, there is no way you will ever be able to go to iOS 5.1.1 on that iPad2. Sorry.

If you wish to upgrade, the only iOS you can go to now is iOS 6.0.1. For that, you can upgrade it through iTunes. That iOS not jail broken at the moment, so keep an eye on this thread for the latest and greatest news: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=89458

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - but that's all I've got.

Marilyn

OP
C

coffeefox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i had suspected this.

There are blobs for 4.3.5. Does that mean i upgrade to 4.3.5, and then upgrade AGAIN to 5.1.1?

But then again, with no blobs available for my current 4.3.3, does this mean i'm stuck with this 4.3.3 ... unless i upgrade to an official Apple iOS ? in which case i'm then stuck with an un-jailbreakable iPad. Right?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, you do have blobs for 4.x? It doesn't have to be the specific iOS 4 version you are on, just any blobs for iOS 4.x. It's the iOS y)u want to STAY at that you need to be specific.

According to the Dev-Team, you should be able to get to iOS 5.1.1 from that iOS 4.3.5 blob. Have you tried pointing redsn0w at that blob? Yes, it's not the iOS you have loaded, but it's not supposed to matter (again, any iOS 4 blob is supposed to work).

So, try again - and point at the [saved] 4.3.5 blob.

Marilyn

OP
C

coffeefox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great, i did it.
I had to download the 4.3.5 ISPW too.
Pointed to that, then the 4.3.5 shsh blob. Redsnow then installed 4.3.5 immediately followed by 5.1.1 in one process.

Thanks so much for helping me get this done! :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad it worked out for you. Don't hesitate to come back if you have more questions.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great, i did it.
I had to download the 4.3.5 ISPW too.
Pointed to that, then the 4.3.5 shsh blob. Redsnow then installed 4.3.5 immediately followed by 5.1.1 in one process.

Thanks so much for helping me get this done! :)

Awesome! Glad it all worked out for you.

And - thanks for coming back to let us know our advice helped. It's always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

ewolfer88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Similar, yet still error.

Hi Marilyn,

I seem to face the same problem as coffeefox initially, then I realised that my ipad2 has 4.3.5 too. So after I used redsn0w, I had my ipad upgraded to 4.3.5, however, it failed at the 5.1.1 stage. Do you have any idea why is this happening?

I've downloaded my ispw from "theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Firmware", as given from the Dev-Team blog.

It showed the message "Service wouldn't start."

Capture.JPG

This problem is really annoying! Hope you can help me with it.

Thanks and regards,
Adrian

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Adrian: Do you have SHSH blobs for any version of iOS 4 AND iOS 5.1.1 (your destination iOS)? Without those two blobs, you can't go anywhere...

Marilyn

ewolfer88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adrian: Do you have SHSH blobs for any version of iOS 4 AND iOS 5.1.1 (your destination iOS)? Without those two blobs, you can't go anywhere...

Marilyn

Hey! It seems like it is an error with redsn0w, or maybe i was too tired last night. I got it installed to 5.1.1 already. Thank you for the reply =)

Adrian

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! Glad to hear that things got sorted for you.

And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts