What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad2 4.3.3 for jailbreak

woodwindow376

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have an ipad 2 under 4.3.3. I want to jailbreak it but it seems that i dont have the SSH blobs for it.

Can i still go thru the jailbreaking process? Can i still go to jailbreakme.com and proceeed with it?

Thanks in advance

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, there is no requirement to have SHSH Blobs in order to jailbreak. Just visit jailbreakme.com via Mobile Safari on your iPad2 and you will be golden.

The only word of caution is be careful what you install. Check on the forum to see if others have used what you want to install and make sure you can see it is compatible with the iPad. If you mistakenly install something for iPhone which messes up your iPad, you won't be able to restore back to 4.3.3 because you don't have blobs. Just take care and double check. Don't just go installing every package and theme you come across!

Hope that helps.

OP
W

woodwindow376

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, there is no requirement to have SHSH Blobs in order to jailbreak. Just visit jailbreakme.com via Mobile Safari on your iPad2 and you will be golden.

The only word of caution is be careful what you install. Check on the forum to see if others have used what you want to install and make sure you can see it is compatible with the iPad. If you mistakenly install something for iPhone which messes up your iPad, you won't be able to restore back to 4.3.3 because you don't have blobs. Just take care and double check. Don't just go installing every package and theme you come across!

Hope that helps.

Thank you sir for the prompt response!

Yes I will be cautious of what i install. if i mess things up, even if i dont have my ssh blobs, i can still restore my ipad 2 to to 4.3.5 (or whatever the firmware version by that time, right?) thus, rendering it not possible for 'rejailbreaking' (for now).

Regards.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that's right. You can never brick an iPad. You can always restore to the latest stock firmware if you get in real trouble.

Most reactions

Latest posts