What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 3G 64Gig cannot get out of recover mode

alfa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys i have a iPad2 3G 64Gig which was on 4.3.3 when it was working and Jailbroken. Before that i saved the SHSH of the 4.3.3

It recently went dead so i attempted to recover/restore it. Now stuck on recovery mode like this.
Recovery1-150x150.png

I tried to restore it on 4.3.3 and 4.3.5 but in the verifying stage an error comes out either 1394, 1013 error. I have tried restoring it with and without Tumbella on. I also enter DFU before i attempt any restore. I tried using fix recoverywin from Tumbrella to no avail.

After the error comes out the iPad goes back to recovery mode above. I already updated my iTunes to the latest file. I've tried doing this on an iMac, a PC Vaio and iMac parallels virtual machine running Win XP. This is what's shown on my tiny umbrella;

ipad 2 tiny URL by sandbites, on Flickr

to be usable do i have to load up OS5 and lose jailbreak indefinitely?

Attachments

• ipad 2.png
    ipad 2.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 294

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, you are out of luck.

iPad2 3G owners are no longer protected by their blobs now that Apple has stopped signing the 4.3.5 firmware. 3G owners relied on that to restore because without a successful baseband restore, then entire IOS restore fails. Normally we would kick the device out of recovery mode on an iPad1, but this requires a bootroom exploit. There are no bootrom exploits for the iPad2 :(

Your only option now is to restore to IOS5 and wait for a jailbreak to be released for iPad2.

OP
A

alfa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand, which is more likely to happen in the near future...
a. someone makes a workaround the iPad2 3G unsuccessful baseband restore or
b. jailbreak for the OS5?

Thanks in advance

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Most likely jailbreak for IOS5 then bootrom exploit for the A5, although both could still be a while away :(
Although there have been rumours, the A5 bootrom is suspected to still not have been dumped due to the countermeasures Apple put in place to protect it, so I would not hold your breath for that.

Most reactions

Latest posts