1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

ipad2 32gb switching itself on !

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by lugworm, Jul 5, 2012.

1. lugworm

lugworm iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    3 or 4 times I've found my ipad switched itself on ! Not too bad through the day, but at night it kinda drains the battery.

Is this a common fault...it's only 4 months old.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,733 / 0
    Check your Settings. More than likely, you are receiving something (Mail,iMessage, game request, etc) that is activating your notifications. The iPad will come out of sleep to tell you of these notifications. Oh, and this is normal behavior.

The only was to prevent it is to turn off all your notifications or have the iPad fully off (using the "slide to power off") and not plugged in.

Marilyn

P.S. I've mergedyours identical threads of yours that you had posted in different places. Please, only post once per topic/question!issue. More than one fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow. And, it's against our rules. Please keep any follow-up on this issue to this thread. Thanks for your understanding.