What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad2 32gb switching itself on !

lugworm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3 or 4 times I've found my ipad switched itself on ! Not too bad through the day, but at night it kinda drains the battery.

Is this a common fault...it's only 4 months old.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check your Settings. More than likely, you are receiving something (Mail,iMessage, game request, etc) that is activating your notifications. The iPad will come out of sleep to tell you of these notifications. Oh, and this is normal behavior.

The only was to prevent it is to turn off all your notifications or have the iPad fully off (using the "slide to power off") and not plugged in.

Marilyn

P.S. I've mergedyours identical threads of yours that you had posted in different places. Please, only post once per topic/question!issue. More than one fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow. And, it's against our rules. Please keep any follow-up on this issue to this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Most reactions

Latest posts