What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad1 owners: Will you upgrade to iPad2?

iPad1 owners: Will you upgrade to iPad2?

• Yes - there are enough improvements that I've gotta have one.

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • No - My current iPad suits my needs just fine for now.

Votes: 71 60.7%
  • No - I'll be buying a new tablet, but it won't be an iPad2.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Maybe - I'll wait to see how the rest of the tablet market shakes out this year.

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters

sarap808

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Staying with iPad 1 for now- not enough to tempt me to dish out more money for iPad 2. How much faster do i need it to be? OS 4.3 should help with that. And I can't really see using my iPad as a camera and I never use face time. Thats pretty much the only differences between 1 and 2. I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad and I'm good for now.

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. Definitely purchasing a new iPad 2. Still love my current iPad, and will be passing it on to my daughter, while my wife and I will be getting 2 new iPad 2's :)

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, I recently bought the iPad 1, so it'll be such a waste if I replace it so quickly. Plus, I'm extremely happy with it right now, so there's no need to get another.

Junior

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
macaddictionblog.wordpress.com
Why not. I'll likely pawn off the one I already have to the wife and get the new hawtness.

I've set aside a blank check with Apple's name on it for a few months now.

The dual cameras and quicker processor had me ready to jump ship and upgrade.

GailLA

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At the moment I'd be looking to spend $300 if I sold my original iPad and then made up the difference to buy an equivalent iPad2. It is just not worth it to me after less than a year's use (got mine May 7, 2010). In a couple of years, I'll update to the latest and greatest at that time.

korkidog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to wait for the iPad 3 before upgrading. Just bought mine last October and can't see upgrading at this time.

Freddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I voted 'no', but the reviews say it's much faster so I'm very tempted.
Plus I think Facetime is a killer use case for the iPad 2. It's so obviously more ergonomic to be video chatting with friends and family while sitting casually on your couch instead of being at your desk.
F

Reaction score
Freddy said:
Well I voted 'no', but the reviews say it's much faster so I'm very tempted.
Plus I think Facetime is a killer use case for the iPad 2. It's so obviously more ergonomic to be video chatting with friends and family while sitting casually on your couch instead of being at your desk.
F

This is a big question. Will FaceTime calling be ergonomic, if you have to hold the iPad at just the right angle, so that the other person sees your face and not the ceiling?

Early reviews show that the Smartcover holds the iPad at a wrong angle for video calling.

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Drag Bunt said:
You have an iPad. Now that iPad2 has been announced, will you be buying it?

Absolutely. I got iPad 2 and will probably give first away to a needy family member who doesn't have the ready cash like I do.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh how I wish I could! I would like iPad 2 64gb 3g and then my hubby could have mine! The FaceTime looks good and having a camera for those odd times I don't have my iPhone.

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been on the fence as to whether or not to upgrade. I am still enjoying my iPad. Is the new one really noticeably faster? For those who upgraded, are you still using your original, or did you sell/give it away?

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded on day 1, but then I am a techno freak. I must confess, for the way I use my iPad 2 and previously iPad 1, I do not see any major speed difference. Main advantages are the camera for skype (a god send for me, should have been on iPad 1....naughty Apple) and 2 it is noticeably lighter, I did not think this really would would make that much of a difference, but it genuinely does!!!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts