What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad1 has no sound except while using earbuds

reikodr2292

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have tried double clicking home button but there is no sound bar unless the earbuds are plugged in. Help

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reikodr2292 said:
Have tried double clicking home button but there is no sound bar unless the earbuds are plugged in. Help

After double clicking, swipe from left to right (bottom screen). You should see the sound bar.

ipadderinvt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reikodr2292 said:

Did you ever get a response as I have the same problem

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try Settings/General/Reset/Reset All Settings for starters. Let us know if that works. If not we can try some other stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's another thing you could try. Plug earbuds in. Set volume to wherever you like it. Then with music still playing, remove the earbuds, and turn the volume up. The speaker volume is independent of the earbud volume, although it is controlled with the same switch.

I just checked and the volume will mute when you pull out the earbuds. It's worth a try. Also, make sure Bluetooth is turned off, because THAT has an independent volume too.

In this case, you have to KNOW which volume control is active.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts