What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad1 apps shut down

thecker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad apps shut down without warning. Seems to happen quite often in safari but others apps do it as well. Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[QUOTE="]

I prefer to use Opera Mine on my iPad. Works perfectly. Of course Safari always worked without any problems before I had Opera Mini. That was after the update to 5.1.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

reggiehenry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well, why dont you contact ipad customer care center. may be they have solution for this.

OP
thecker

thecker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thecker said:
My iPad apps shut down without warning. Seems to happen quite often in safari but others apps do it as well. Anyone else having this issue?

I do the following quite often now and it seems to help.

Yes this is an issue that quite a few members are experiencing. The ipad1 has only 256 mb of ram compared to the ipad2 with 512 mb. The best thing to do here is close all your apps completely regularly and clear out history and cookies from Safari, also keep location services to a minimum. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press an app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, clear all these apps as this will clear up more ram.
Settings - Safari - clear cookies and history.

FDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it shuts down and returns to the home screen. I took it in to an Apple store last week and they replaced it because I had reporte the problem when it was under warranty. We have now seen it shut sown in Mail as well. I have a fried who is experiencing the same problem. Anyone have a fix? Or is Apple ignoring this issue?

Ruthie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is a general problem with the iPad 1. It happens to me all the time. It's something to do with RAM. I have tried everything to stop it, but to no avail. I think the only answer is to get an iPad 2, or 3 when it comes out.

OP
thecker

thecker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you press the home key twice it will open up a task bar at the bottom of the screen. All of the apps that are open will be displayed. All these apps are using memory. Simple hold down the icons not being used and minus signs will appear. Just tap on the minus signs to shut down the app.

Most reactions

Latest posts