What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad1 app update doesn't always work

dgkoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why do I get this message on my iPad 1 when I do my app updates? (my ipad has current ios) :rolleyes:

Unable to download this application at this time.

Then what do I do, delete it and redownload it or what? I get quite a few so it gets to be a pain.

Extra notes:
I have alot of apps
I have lots of room on my storage
I use my ipad daily

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A few app in the App Store are iOS 6 only. Check the Information section for the App in the App Store.

Since the iPad 1 can not be updated bast iOS 5.1.1, you won't be able to download that app.

That's my best guess, since I don't know what app(s) you are talking about. Then again, those apps shouldn't even show up as available for updates, so I'm probably wrong.

OP
dgkoss

dgkoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks twerppoet - that could be the case. Just about every update of 5 or more apps usually have problems downloading the update and I land up just deleting them. Does this mean I have to look at buying a new iPad? lol

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You only need a new iPad if the one you have isn't doing what you want/need. If those apps aren't important, then you're still good to go.

Then again, if you've been looking for an excuse to upgrade. . . ;)

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Its not your IOS or your ipad version. I believe its a discrepancy of the app you tried to download. I have an ipad 2 that comes up with the same thing. Seems not as often as you but comes up. For me when it comes up it will not download at all, ever. I have to delete and retry and i make sure my internet is not loaded up and it eventually always works. Which brings up that- many types of internet "buffer" like satellite or antenna type. If yours does make sure its freed up before you retry.

Most reactions

Latest posts