1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad1 4.3.5 jailbreak with redsn0w

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Ashenone, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Ashenone

Ashenone iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've read up on the stickies and tutorials/how to's, but i'm missing something. I updated ipad1 from 3.2.2 to 4.3.5 and downloaded redsn0w 0.9.6rc19. I also followed the link to firmware 4.3.4 and downloaded that and extracted it to my desktop. When i run redsnow I cant find a single .ipsw file type. Not sure if i somehow downloaded the wrong file or am just looking in the wrong place?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ash
  2. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    You downloaded the wrong redsn0w. Read the jailbreaking methods sticky again. It links you to the beta redsnow required for 4.3.5 tethered jailbreak.
  3. Ashenone

Ashenone iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought that may be the case. It was all the warnings on the Dev Team website about the beta ios5 that threw me off though. Thanks.

Its still not picking up .ipsw file from extracted zip of the 4.3.4 download. Not even registering that there is a .ipsw file in there. Is it normally in the dfu subfolder or in the primary folder?

Thanks,

Ash
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  4. f4780y

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    You must be on Windows and using IE, the worlds worst browser, yes? :)

It changes the extension of IPSW files to be ZIP. Either use another browser of change the file name back to an IPSW extension. DO NOT UNZIP IT.
  5. Ashenone

Ashenone iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You pegged it. IE and windows. I grabbed firefox and made it the browser of change. Forgive my ignorance, but how can i use that to change the already downloaded extension back to .ipsw?

Thanks

Ash
  6. f4780y

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    You can just use Windows explorer, but you will have to have the explorer view option set to "show extensions for known file types" in windows.
    Otherwise, just download it fresh using Firefox.