1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Menia, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Menia

Menia iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,
    I just got my iPad and very excited. I read the manual but the result is not quite the same as described.
    As example, I was trying to put the icon of an ebook in the shelf of the book icon. After dragging the ebook icon to the book icon, I end up with a black icon with both, book and ebook in it. When taping the shelf icon it opens 2 icons - ibooks and my ebook icon.
    And I need to know how to download things thru iTunes, etc..
    Thanks,
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 0
  3. Czevski

Czevski iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +271 / 0
    Sounds like you also accidentally discovered folders. When you drag one icon on top of another you create a folder. Grouping similar apps in a folder saves lots of space and pages. You can name the folder - you don't have to use the suggestion that pops up. And, yes, book apps are stand alone books.