What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad...

Major Eazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are apple able to or working on, making the iPad an independent machine to eliminate the need to sync it to another machine?

I like that idea, it makes senses.

I really think the iPad should be able to work independent without the need to rely on a computer, specially so you could start using the iPad right out of the box without needing to use a computer to active it first.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait for 2011 , lots of tablets with Android an win 8 will do that, and I hope, Apple will find itself with no other choice but to let go.

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seems like a logical decision, especially since it doesn't necessarily force sales of Mac products. It could open up iPad use to people who don't have computers. Yeah, seems like anyone buying a $500+ media consumption device would have a computer, but you would be surprised. The amount of people on Facebook and Youtube who use it strictly on their phone or at the library is staggering. I think not needing a computer sync could increase sales.

Most reactions

Latest posts