What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, the potential explanation for the use of 'i' starting w/ the iMac has been around since the late 1990s - just a little googling brought up the information below - first from a 2010 Article and the second from a Steve Jobs Presentation in 1998 w/ an instructive slide (kind of out of focus) - hope this helps. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 9.17.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 9.19.06 PM.png

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Many years ago when the battery was bigger than the phone. We know when.
Some time after that, and was told when the bosses of the i era want money for there ideas, they made a presentation on stage. Somewhere in America in attendance were heads of lots of Companies.
This is where my memory gets vague.
They were offering small, virus secure all in one computers.
That connected to the internet in a flash. And could do all kinds of other things. He held one up in his hand.
Before this the visitors didn't believe him.
But now they were throwing there credit cards at him, they all wanted one to try.

Is any of true ??? Or did l dream it

OP
Thomas1977

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm that post that Dave posted makes sense for what i means. It sounds better that just calling something pod or pad or whatever.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Many years ago when the battery was bigger than the phone. We know when.
Some time after that, and was told when the bosses of the i era want money for there ideas, they made a presentation on stage. Somewhere in America in attendance were heads of lots of Companies.
This is where my memory gets vague.
They were offering small, virus secure all in one computers.
That connected to the internet in a flash. And could do all kinds of other things. He held one up in his hand.
Before this the visitors didn't believe him.
But now they were throwing there credit cards at him, they all wanted one to try.

Is any of true ??? Or did l dream it

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm running on mobile data at the moment must wait for wifi to watch this.
That will be painful.
Thank you very much [emoji30]

Most reactions

Latest posts