What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad workflow and “speed”

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’ve been a mac user since the late 80s, but after receiving an ipad mini as a gift, it felt like boulders had been moved out of the way. I don’t suppose I’m alone in this. the hardware does seem zippy but it’s the using of the ipad that seems faster to me - almost effortless.

it’s the hands-on use of the device, the freedom from the mouse and endless clicking..

I used to be among those who’d say that the ipad looked cool but that I needed a “real” computer. Now, I view those “real computers” as straight jackets!

thoughts?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I still use my iMac for content creation and flight simulation, and again for weather since the demise of the Intellicast and Storm iPad apps (Storm Radar is useless). Virtually all of my email and browsing are on iPad, though. Plus, I use Remote to stream ripped CDs from my iMac's iTunes library to my hifi system. All while being held prisoner by my La-Z-Boy recliner. ;)

Dakotapix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I probably do 95 percent of my online browsing with my iPad (2017 model) but like to use my MacBook Air for photo editing that I do with an older version of Photoshop Elements. Of course I also do backups for the iPad and iPhone to the Mac as well as to iCloud (belt and suspenders?). I began with an Apple IIe in 1985 and then a Mac Plus in 1986. I’ve been through a lot of Apple products over the years and the iPad has been among my most pleasant computer experiences.

Most reactions