What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad won't Sync - too little space

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you set up the restored iPad from a backup? If so, try setting it up as a new iPad instead and see if the problem persists.

OP
Expatriate

Expatriate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... try setting it up as a new iPad instead and see if the problem persists.

There is some data with some of the apps which would be extremely inconvenient to lose. That's why I restored the backup. Question still is, "What is this 13.64 GB of storage being required?" Sync never asked for that previously.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is some data with some of the apps which would be extremely inconvenient to lose. That's why I restored the backup. Question still is, "What is this 13.64 GB of storage being required?" Sync never asked for that previously.
It could be data stored in one or more of the apps. Go to Settings>General>iPad Storage and then scroll down the list of installed apps to see if there are any that are shown as using way too much data.

OP
Expatriate

Expatriate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... if there are any that are shown as using way too much data.
There is nothing over 454 MB and most a couple of tens of MB. Post #15 shows storage usage. You can see that the biggest block of used storage is 'other'. What's that?

OP
Expatriate

Expatriate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Applecare got on-line so they could see my screen. Found me connected to iCloud (that was not voluntary - I run a mile when I see 'Cloud' or '360' in anything) and trying to download movies and music (which I have nothing to do with). Got that sorted out and all runs just fine and dandy.

How I got attached to the Cloud is a mystery but it seems iTunes was trying to load a whole poultice of unwanted and un-requested material. That was the source of the problem.

My thanks to all who offered advice in trying to get things going again.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know what the problem was. It may help others with the same problem.

Most reactions