What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad won't start

marmasu1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After charging my iPad 3 overnight it will not start up this morning. All I get is the charge icon and the WiFi icon. The rest is a black screen.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved your question to its own thread so that you have a better chance of getting some help.......and thread hijacking isn't allowed......

The Archangel

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
After charging my iPad 3 overnight it will not start up this morning. All I get is the charge icon and the WiFi icon. The rest is a black screen.

Hi Marmasu1 - welcome to the forum from a fellow citizen of the 'Old North State'! :)

Now just to get the conversation started - how long have you had your iPad and has it charged correctly before now? If so, did you use the charger that came w/ the device? In the present problem, are you using the same charger or a different one/method?

For most effective charging, the iPad requires 10W (i.e. 5v x 2amps) of power - also check THIS LINK for much more information on charging the newer iPads. Good luck and please post back if you find a solution (might help others) or are still having a problem.

OP
M

marmasu1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After reading a similar thread I held down the restart button and the iPad3 came back on. I did have to hold it down for for about 30 seconds. Thanks for the input.

Most reactions

Latest posts