What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad won't start

adkron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can not get my iPad to do anything. When I turn it on I get the message"iCloud Backup
This iPad hasn't been backup in 2 weeks. Backups happen when this iPad is plugged in. locked, and connected to WiFi.
ok"

I click ok and nothing happens. I try to slide to unlock and nothing happens. I plug the iPad into my MacBook Air and I receive no help there.

I changed WiFi servers and do not know how to unlock this iPad. Does someone know how and will you help?
Thanks, adorn

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you try this : Hold the Home and the power off buttons down at the same time until the screen goes black and off. Then hold the power button down until it comes back on.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can not get my iPad to do anything. When I turn it on I get the message"iCloud Backup This iPad hasn't been backup in 2 weeks. Backups happen when this iPad is plugged in. locked, and connected to WiFi. ok" I click ok and nothing happens. I try to slide to unlock and nothing happens. I plug the iPad into my MacBook Air and I receive no help there. I changed WiFi servers and do not know how to unlock this iPad. Does someone know how and will you help? Thanks, adorn
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Resetting your iPad should help: press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release both and let the iPad power up on it's own. That's not quite the same procedure described in the other answer.

OP
A

adkron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you, holding the Home and Power button down until the screen went black worked. I would never have figured that out.

adkron

Most reactions

Latest posts