What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad won't seem to turn on

Turbocessna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased an Ipad for my wife, not the 2, it's a 64gig model, plugged it into the wall socket, shows charging, then screen goes black. Now that it's charged, cannot seem to get it to stay on, apple logo will appear, nothing else, then it goes black in just a few seconds.
Can you please help me.

turbo

OP
T

Turbocessna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turning on

I hold in both buttons, Apple appears, stays on for a short period of time, then the Itunes icon appears and the charging cord, then in a few seconds the screen goes black again, can someone please help me.

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to install the latest version of iTunes on your computer. Then connect the USB cord into the iPad and the computer and follow the instructions. This will register and set up your new iPad. Good luck.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are sure it has a good charge (you can check by unplugging it. If it shows a red battery when you try and turn it on then it is NOT charged properly) then it sounds like a hardware fault. A charged iPad should not behave that way at all.

You are using the official wall charger to charge it, yes? The iPad needs it's own charger to get a charge. Other chargers from iPod's iPhones etc will not be as effective, particularly if the device has lost its charge.

And as the previous poster said, you know you must connect it to a PC to get past the initial iTunes connect screen, yes? You can't use the device until it has been activated by iTunes.

Last edited:
OP
T

Turbocessna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad

Finally my laptop itunes recognized my ipad and is now syncing, thanks for your help.

Turbo

Most reactions

Latest posts