What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad won't reload apps?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, I have just had a software update and my iPad won't reload my apps, can anyone help me?

Welcome to the Forum. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Can I clarify some more detail?

'Reading between the lines' I'm assuming you

(a) have an iPad1
(b) it used to iOS 4.2.1
(c) you've upgraded to iOS 4.3
(d) apps that you had on your iPad when it had iOS 4.2.1 are no longer there
(e) you're trying to reload them using iTunes 10.2.1 or similar
(f) this is not working for some reason

If this is incorrect, can you let us know? What error message do you see, if any, or does iTunes simply not reload the apps?

Tim
Scotland

OP
R

richmacb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi Tim, thanks to your fast reply, you're right except that my apps are sitting in the apps on iTunes but are not numbered where it says apps, I have everything up to date, have rebooted my computer and resynched several times but no dice iTunes will simply not reload the apps!
Richmacb

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have a large number of apps? A quick workaround is to download the apps again directly to your iPad - you don't have to pay a second time.

I'm sure we'll get some other suggestions to 'properly' fix this problem shortly, though.

Tim
Scotland

OP
R

richmacb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I only have 42 which shouldn't be a problem I just need to know how to get them recognised by the synchroniseror whatever it is called, and thank you for your help.
Richmacb

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you made sure app syncing is turned on?

With your iPad plugged in, select it in iTunes under the devices list. Go to the Apps tab at the top and make sure you have Sync Apps turned on. Also make sure the apps you want to sync have checkmarks next to them in the list. Both are needed to get them to sync to the device.

Other things to check: make sure the computer is authorized under the Store menu, and that you are logged into your account. It should show your Apple ID (email address) in the top right corner of the iTunes store. This needs to be the same account as the one the iPad is associated with.

OP
R

richmacb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Terppoet, thanks for your advice is are that help me immensely and I have my applications back on my iPad and I am happy.
Thank you again.
Richmacb

hortoro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you made sure app syncing is turned on?

With your iPad plugged in, select it in iTunes under the devices list. Go to the Apps tab at the top and make sure you have Sync Apps turned on. Also make sure the apps you want to sync have checkmarks next to them in the list. Both are needed to get them to sync to the device.

Other things to check: make sure the computer is authorized under the Store menu, and that you are logged into your account. It should show your Apple ID (email address) in the top right corner of the iTunes store. This needs to be the same account as the one the iPad is associated with.

I have a similar problem - I have 5 free apps and two purchased apps. I tick all the apps for syncing - press "Apply" but when it is completed syncing the two purchased apps are not on the ipad and are now unticked. I have made sure I am logged into the store and that the computer is authorised. Any ideas?

hortoro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is 20Gb of space on the ipad - I have just started using it.
The two paid for apps are numbers and pages - I have tried to download the apps from the ipad but they stall and it advises to download from itunes. Back to where I started ...

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried downloading them through iTunes on your account?
If you've paid apple remembers.

Most reactions

Latest posts