What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad wont power up, can I get some help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sealover1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad wont power up, can I get some help please?

Hi guys,

I replaced my ipad 2 screen now it wont power up, watched a utube vid over and over and was really cafefull taking my cracked screen off and replaceing it
Screen I bought never had a home button so took old one off and swopped it over only thing is i dont think its sat right has anyone got a photo of where it should be seated please? would this stop it from powering up?

also theres a black plastic/rubber rim that goes around the edge of the ipad do i take this out when fitting the new sreen as dont see one in the utube vid.
have double checked the leads and they seem like there pushed in as far as they go and all lined up even took them out and put them back again

have not taken the new film off the new screen yet as it said on utube to try it out 1st

any help would be great please as it was working before and dont see why it wont work now really

Thanks for any help :)

update...

I pluged the ipad into the laptop and the apple logo came up and it loaded, everything seems to be working now except the power off button dont seem to work i press it but nothing happens home button works tho, it was working before i changed the screen, any ideas what it could be please? is there any other way to restart it mabey that might kick it into working lol

20121116_122219.jpg

20121116_122258.jpg

Last edited:

Bacardi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
re the lcd.

If you dislodge the lcd screen cable whilst the ipad is powered up, it will not come back on till you reboot the ipad.

re the power button

I think you have clipped the Power Button/Volume Button flex cable when getting the broken screen off, have a look at the ribbon on the right hand side f the ipad

Bacardi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry i forgot about the bezel. have you damaged the bezel(the black plastic ring)? if not leave it in place. if you have damaged it getting the screen out, you can getna new one fom ebay etc. it lifts out quite easy.

cooldude06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there! If you have already tried everything on your side, the best thing to do next is to take it to your local repair shop for a 1st consultation. They should be able to detect what’s wrong with it, if they are professionals in the field. However, if they don’t, you might then want to visit an Apple shop and get them to fix it. All the best!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is almost 3 years old and the original participants are no longer around. With that, we'll now close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts