What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad won't detect USB when plugged In

Btwo5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What have I done wrong ?

I've got the camera connection kit, well got 2 now

I've tried my external harddrive, 2 flash drives and my astro headset mix amp, all show light/flash

I have sb settings and USB toggle ( I donated )

I've reinstalled my jailbreak using evasion

Also reinstalled ifile

I just can't get the USB to show when connected been trying for 2 days now,

Guess I need to wait for 6.1.3 jailbreak so I can restore the device

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not you, the jail break, the iOS or iFile. Apple changed the power requirements (output or input) for the dock (30-pin or lightening) connector a couple of years ago. This made it so that a vast majority of USB sticks will not work with the iPad and the CCK. I understand that powered external drives may work - but not an ordinary run-of-the-mill USB stick.

So, a lot of people have switched over and have had success with using SD/SDHC cards. I can attest that a 16GB SDHC card is recognized fine by my iPad. Oh, and I have an SD card adapter that turns the connection into a USB one and that works fine also.

Personally, I'd give up on trying to use a USB stick. Maybe try an SD card?

Marilyn

OP
B

Btwo5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not you, the jail break, the iOS or iFile. Apple changed the power requirements (output or input) for the dock (30-pin or lightening) connector a couple of years ago. This made it so that a vast majority of USB sticks will not work with the iPad and the CCK. I understand that powered external drives may work - but not an ordinary run-of-the-mill USB stick.

So, a lot of people have switched over and have had success with using SD/SDHC cards. I can attest that a 16GB SDHC card is recognized fine by my iPad. Oh, and I have an SD card adapter that turns the connection into a USB one and that works fine also.

Personally, I'd give up on trying to use a USB stick. Maybe try an SD card?

Marilyn

Are sd cards the same that go into a hacked ds and most phones ? Becuase I got 2 8gb ones

OP
B

Btwo5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm unfamiliar with what type of cards that go into a DS, but I would say yes. As long as its a data card that you can store "stuff" on, it should work.

Oh, and in case you only have the USB part of the CCK, here's the link for the USB adapter: Amazon.com: Transcend P5 9-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader TS-RDP5K (Black): Electronics

Marilyn

Ill take pic and send in on pc

I got the cck with the card reader

I also had the harddrive work twice and I got the flash drives to say no power But I can't even get them to do that now

I take it I need to format the memory sticks to fat32

Last edited:
OP
B

Btwo5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm unfamiliar with what type of cards that go into a DS, but I would say yes. As long as its a data card that you can store "stuff" on, it should work.

Oh, and in case you only have the USB part of the CCK, here's the link for the USB adapter: Amazon.com: Transcend P5 9-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader TS-RDP5K (Black): Electronics

Marilyn

http://gyazo.com/ce357f4abb295252748d8eac5f8e97d6

i
tried the 4gb one using the adapter, and it still doesnt work i also have the cck selected on card its already fat32

Most reactions

Latest posts