What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad won't charge

Mkstretch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys my iPad Air 1 would only charge if it was off. I had the lightning connector changed. Now it does not charge at all. Any ideas? Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hey guys my iPad Air 1 would only charge if it was off. I had the lightning connector changed. Now it does not charge at all. Any ideas? Thanks
Replacing the charging port could have caused internal damage that now prevents the iPad from charging. Did you have the Genius Bar at an Apple Store run a diagnostic on your iPad before you had the charging port replaced. Was the repair shop certified by Apple?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a easy way to clean it without damaging ipad?
Can you see any debris in the charging port when you shine a strong light into it? If so, first try sucking it out with a small nozzle on a vacuum cleaner. If this doesn't work you could try very carefully to remove it with a toothpick, making sure not to damage any of the contacts. If you don't feel confident enough to do it yourself you could take it to the Genius Bar at the closest Apple Store. Finally if the debris doesn't affect the function of the port, there's no immediate reason to remove it right away.

Most reactions

Latest posts