What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad won't allow me to post pictures on Facebook

jimmimac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my iPad won't post any pictures which or saved on it to face book, however this works flawlessly with iPod touch . I have loaded myipad , but I still have the greyed out area , hope you can help

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Safari won't do uploads, because there is no general file system to upload from (though they really could have included pictures).

To upload pictures to FaceBook you will need to use another app. The official FaceBook app is free, and will upload pictures. There are several third party alternatives.

If you really want to use the FaceBook site, you can use the iCab Mobile browser. This app has it's own file space and will upload to 'most' sites. I seem to remember someone saying it worked fine with FaceBook. While most uploads would require you to first copy the file to iCab Mobile, it can access the photo library directly for easy photo uploading.

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Safari won't do uploads, because there is no general file system to upload from (though they really could have included pictures).

To upload pictures to FaceBook you will need to use another app. The official FaceBook app is free, and will upload pictures. There are several third party alternatives.

If you really want to use the FaceBook site, you can use the iCab Mobile browser. This app has it's own file space and will upload to 'most' sites. I seem to remember someone saying it worked fine with FaceBook. While most uploads would require you to first copy the file to iCab Mobile, it can access the photo library directly for easy photo uploading.

I have a question on the Facebook app. When replying to a message where the heck is the send button? I type hit return and nothing.
Thank u mstormy

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is a bug in the app.

If you are using the split keyboard, or the full keyboard undocked, or you are using a bluetooth keyboard, the send button does not appear. Or to put it simpler, the send button only appears when you are using the touch keyboard in it's default config.

It's been quite a while. You'd think they would have submitted an update by now.

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

Thank you!
I thought I was loosing my mind
Mstormy

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. All kinds of people were pulling their hair out until they compared notes and realized what what happening.

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
No problem. All kinds of people were pulling their hair out until they compared notes and realized what what happening.

Ya I thought I was loosing my mind! You would think they would put something about it or do something bout it. Thank u

Jamcats

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I use the official FB app with my iPad and try to upload a photo, I get as far as selecting the image from my iPad photos library. When I touch the image I want, FB goes away and I'm back to my desktop.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I use the official FB app with my iPad and try to upload a photo, I get as far as selecting the image from my iPad photos library. When I touch the image I want, FB goes away and I'm back to my desktop.

Try these common fixes for app misbehavior.

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.
If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Try these common fixes for app misbehavior.

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.
If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Cool thank u it worked
Have a great holiday
Mstormy

aravenmaniac7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I'm having the same problem as msstormy. I cannot upload some pictures to Facebook. I imported the pictures from my camera. When I get to the "Choose From Library" option all the thumbnails appear. However when I select certain pictures the app shuts down. This has not happened with all the pictures just a few. I tried the earlier suggestions of clearing the app from the RAM, restarting and resetting but it's still happening.

I just received this iPad as a birthday gift 4 days ago so I'm very new to it, although I do own an iPhone and a MacBook. Any help you can give is appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
aravenmaniac7 said:
Hi I'm having the same problem as msstormy. I cannot upload some pictures to Facebook. I imported the pictures from my camera. When I get to the "Choose From Library" option all the thumbnails appear. However when I select certain pictures the app shuts down. This has not happened with all the pictures just a few. I tried the earlier suggestions of clearing the app from the RAM, restarting and resetting but it's still happening.

I just received this iPad as a birthday gift 4 days ago so I'm very new to it, although I do own an iPhone and a MacBook. Any help you can give is appreciated.

Is it possible that some of the pictures you imported are in RAW format. While the iPad will display the embedded jpeg I doubt FaceBook would be able to handle a RAW file.

aravenmaniac7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Is it possible that some of the pictures you imported are in RAW format. While the iPad will display the embedded jpeg I doubt FaceBook would be able to handle a RAW file.

Honestly I am not sure. The pictures all came off the same camera so I assumed they would be in the same format. I uploaded them from the SD card directly onto the IPad. Do you know how I can check the file type?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
aravenmaniac7 said:
Honestly I am not sure. The pictures all came off the same camera so I assumed they would be in the same format. I uploaded them from the SD card directly onto the IPad. Do you know how I can check the file type?

If you don't know, then it is very unlikely that they were RAW. It is not something you are likely to do by accident, and it would be nearly impossible to mix the formats without deliberately changing the camera's settings.

I don't know of any way to tell for sure on the iPad itself, but when you connect the card a computer it files would have some extension other than the standard jpg or tiff. There are actually several formats that are RAW, so I wouldn't know for certain. I believe CR2 (or variations of) is what most Canon cameras use.

At any rate, I don't have any more ideas at this point.

Though it probably wouldn't hurt to read your camera's manual and see if you even have a RAW mode.

JerisIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem - but I took the picture with the iPad. When I pick the picture in the official Facebook app, the app just shuts down. I've followed the instruction for resetting but get the same results.

Most reactions