What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad withdrawal symptoms

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
I had to blow the dust off my Toshiba laptop for a week.............bummer! :D

Lol I just blew the dust off my MacBook.

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
acdcking12345 said:
I ended up keeping my Ipad 3. I just couldnt bring myself to pay the extra for the new one, when what I had does everything just fine. I fail.

That's not a fail. I'd have done the same thing if I had to pay anything more.

acdcking12345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks guys. I feel better. I just dont do anything to justify the new one. And the Ipad 3 is still a fantastic tablet. And there is always next year. :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, are you quite correct on the usefulness part, but I just meant in terms of ability to command a good price when sold. I'm keeping my 3nd Gen iPad because its usefulness to me as not diminished one bit. Also, I have a suspicion that Apple themselves are unhappy with the 3 and 4 gen iPad and will not rest until they can get the weight of them down to either at or less than the iPad 2, with equal battery life, and even thinner. I think once they achieve these goals, the iPad 2 will disappear. I'm thinking I should wait for this before getting a new full-size iPad. Even though I tend to act like a "must have every item of tech" person, I actually believe in waiting for upgrades than bring tangible additional benefits.

That Samsung Note is a good thing. I saw Molly Wood on cNET putting it through a torture test...or maybe that was the Note 2. If Samsung were smart, they would rip the phone part out of that thing and sell it as competition to the iPod Touch. Lots of folks would buy it.

I'm thinking iPad 5 should make great strides, and weight/battery are key developments that Apple probably is working on. If so, I probably will buy one, because my iPad 2 is showing hints of age now, and I'll probably be ready to upgrade by then. I like having two iPads to tag team between, like I've been doing with iPad 1 and 2, and I can see doing that with iPad 4 and 5.

I hesitated to get iPad 4 now, because of its lightning connector and LTE SIM card, because iPad 1 and 2 allow me to share connector and SIM card seamlessly. If I end up with iPad 4 and 5 instead of iPad 1 and 2, I'll regain that flexibility.

I rooted for Apple to make a mini about two years ago, but it took them a long time, and the Samsung Note unexpectedly delivered a better size and set of features for me. With phone, camera, SD card support and such, I can carry just one device when I need to and still access whatever I want. The 5" screen size gives me the extra I need, yet is small enough to be easily carried or stored. I hope Samsung keeps making them. I think it'd be a great device even without the phone, but Samsung lacks the marketing savvy of Apple.

I'm fine with waiting till devices deliver what we need as individual users. That's why I skipped iPad 3, for instance. I also am skipping the new Samsung Note, even though it looks like a great product. I've got what I need for now.

I'm still going to see how MS Surface does and am leaning toward buying. I'm willing to support a decent product and help develop competition, as long as the device lets me do what I want.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I'm thinking iPad 5 should make great strides, and weight/battery are key developments that Apple probably is working on. If so, I probably will buy one, because my iPad 2 is showing hints of age now, and I'll probably be ready to upgrade by then. I like having two iPads to tag team between, like I've been doing with iPad 1 and 2, and I can see doing that with iPad 4 and 5.

I hesitated to get iPad 4 now, because of its lightning connector and LTE SIM card, because iPad 1 and 2 allow me to share connector and SIM card seamlessly. If I end up with iPad 4 and 5 instead of iPad 1 and 2, I'll regain that flexibility.

I rooted for Apple to make a mini about two years ago, but it took them a long time, and the Samsung Note unexpectedly delivered a better size and set of features for me. With phone, camera, SD card support and such, I can carry just one device when I need to and still access whatever I want. The 5" screen size gives me the extra I need, yet is small enough to be easily carried or stored. I hope Samsung keeps making them. I think it'd be a great device even without the phone, but Samsung lacks the marketing savvy of Apple.

I'm fine with waiting till devices deliver what we need as individual users. That's why I skipped iPad 3, for instance. I also am skipping the new Samsung Note, even though it looks like a great product. I've got what I need for now.

I'm still going to see how MS Surface does and am leaning toward buying. I'm willing to support a decent product and help develop competition, as long as the device lets me do what I want.

What is it about your second gen iPad that makes you feel it's showing its age? Just curious. I'm still very pleased with my second gen at this point. No plans to upgrade for me at this point. That could change, of course. ;)

iPad2 32GB WiFi / iOS 6.0

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is it about your second gen iPad that makes you feel it's showing its age? Just curious. I'm still very pleased with my second gen at this point. No plans to upgrade for me at this point. That could change, of course. ;)

Crashes. For example: I read a lot of news daily, including tech blogs. I like to open multiple tabs at a time, so I don't have to jump back and forth from the main page to an article. I open say six or eight things I want to read while I continue to scroll the main page. Crash. Then I've got to reopen the main page and all six or eight things I already opened to read. Or I'm on a graphics-intensive site, scrolling along, and crash. Then I've got to reopen the page and scroll back through all the stuff I've already read, just to get back to where I was. Or I'm using an app, and crash.

That happens even though I'm anal about closing unused apps. It started happening with iOS 5 on both iPad 1 and 2, though more frequently on iPad 1. The crashes eased off with iOS 5.1 and then 5.1.1, but have started with more frequency, especially on iPad 1.

I'm not keen to buy a new model if the model I have is already working (because I'd rather spend on something else, lol), but it's gotten to annoyance level with something I like to do daily, especially on iPad 1. That's why I'm getting iPad 4 in its place, and anticipate that I will have to replace iPad 2 sooner than later.

Most reactions

Latest posts