What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad with a keyboard

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
I am currently using a bluetooth keyboard to write this post. I got lucky and got a hold on a Logitech Keyboard for iPads at FutureShop (in Canada) for cheap. I wanted to have a physical keyboard for a while since I use my iPad quite often to write all kind of stuff and the virtual keyboard is nice, but for documents with more than 500 words, it can be a bit annoying.

For sure, I could use my laptop to create those documents but I like the idea of working somewhere else than in front of my desk. For those thinking about getting a bluetooth keyboard, got get one! It's just the perfect setup.

Having an iPad with a keyboard is like having a laptop that you can put the screen wherever you want, and keeping the keyboard close at hand. It becomes convenient as I can install my self on the kitchen table and put the screen at a comfortable distance and have the keyboard at the right level and angle. The main issue with laptops is that you have to put the device on something that will keep it stable. That doesn't mean that you will be comfortable to use the keyboard. So the solution is to grab an external keyboard anyway, but the laptop still need an area large enough to be secure.

With the iPad, you need at most 4x8 inches area compared to a regular laptop that will require 8x10 inches area at the minimum. Working also with an iPad also have the benefits of being completely silent, a large battery reserve time and being able to put the "screen" at the perfect level for your eyes.

See the pictures attached to view the "perfect setup"

The keyboard model is : Logitech Tablet Keyboard For iPad

Have a nice day!

VicoPad addict!

Attachments

• image-217274729.jpg
    image-217274729.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 521
  • image-1562588037.jpg
    image-1562588037.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 489
  • image-1140031247.jpg
    image-1140031247.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 494
  • image-2225934963.jpg
    image-2225934963.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 501
OP
DrHouse

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
sleek881 said:
Will it scratch the glass on the iPad?

No, it can't. I don't quite understand why you think it would. Could you explain a bit more?

VicoPad addict!

adyhooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of all ipad support bluetooth features but For more typing iPad support external keyboard. These external keyboard created for the portability and it include special ipad functions, Function keys for manage volume and screen brightness and control media player.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts