1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

ipad will not render href

Discussion in 'iPad Development' started by rlangle, Jun 25, 2011.

1. rlangle

rlangle iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

I have written a site for a client which is working fine except for the iPad. If you visit the link below you will notice the page options eg '1 2 3 text' in the top right, with value being a link to a new page. This works on my macbook, iPhone, IE, Chrome etc but not on the iPad

I have used a javascript utility to view source on the iPad and the code appears to be correct with the relevant <a href=.....> etc. I have even copied the source and emailed it to my self, then tested locally and the links work.

<hmmm I can't post links yet, as I'm only a newbie>
    foundassociates [dot] com [slash] residential [slash] house-notting-hill-london [slash] image1

Its quite strange as other links on the page work fine. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Get the same result as you i.e. doesn't work on iPad Safari, does work on IE --- but doesn't work on Thunderbird - so it's not an iPad specific issue...

Tim
  3. rlangle

rlangle iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks.... nice to know its not just me. I'm currently playing on a development server try to get these to work. If I work it out I will update the thread

Rob