What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Will Not Reboot

60DegreeVVT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So... I have been jailbroken since the dawn of time. Well recently i felt like my applications were unstable because they would just crash for no reason. I was running 4.2.1 Untethered so i figured it was time for an update.

Then apple snuck in 4.3.5 and i read how to jailbreak it and I was successful. i installed my primary applications and plug ins again but then the terrible thing happened.

I installed Display Out (as reccommended on Cydia's home page) but when the device resprings it is stuck on the pineapple. When i bring it to a computer and "Reboot Tethered" it goes through all the processes but then sits on the pineapple. The computer recognizes it as a disc as Windows asks me what i want to do with it (you know, open as disc, import photos... that kinda stuff)

I thought that it would just take a moment so i left it overnight. Well the damn batery died and the thing is sitting at home charging.

I NEED YOUR GUIDANCE!!

Please Help and Thank You in Advance
Tupp

Cheers!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, 4.3.5 is a tethered JB so you must use redsn0w to tethered boot it. If that does not work, a restore is required.

If you were jailbroken before, does Cydia not have your SHSH blobs for 4.3.3 saved?
If you follow the first few steps in this tutorial you will find out...

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

If you do, then you should follow it through to the end, then visit jailbreakme.com once 4.3.3 is restored and you will be jailbroken in seconds, and on an untethered JB.

As an aside, there are no problems with Display Out AFAIK.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand that, but you would be much better on 4.3.3 untethered, than 4.3.5 tethered.

OP
60DegreeVVT

60DegreeVVT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the programs and the firmware. i read the TU tutorial so i will give it a shot.

So basically i am giong to use TU to revert back to 4.3.3 then jailbreak untethered using redsn0w as if it was the first time?

I am sorry if this is repetitive but i am having a hard time understanding how i can revert back to 4.3.3 when i never updated to that firmware. i went from 4.2.1 --> 4.3.5

Sorry for the frustration and Noobism

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you can only revert to 4.3.3 IF Cydia saved your blobs, but the tutorial allows you to check that... Blobs have NOTHING to do with what firmware you have installed.
If you complete the first few steps (press Save SSH for the second time), and 4.3.3 is not in the list in the "General" tab then you are out of luck.
But if they are there, the restore will work if you follow the rest of the tutorial.

Most reactions

Latest posts