What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad will not print with LaserJet Pro CP1525nw

howdo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a LaserJet Pro CP1525nw to print using my iPad. I installed on my iMac with OS X 10.5.8 and it prints fine from my iMac and Mac laptop over my network. However, it will not print using my iPad. The iPad operating system is up to date (4.2.1) and is connected to the same network as my iMac. I updated the printer driver and firmware from the HP website. However the firmware update would not install on the printer. Instead I got a message saying "the device was busy." I tried turning it off and then on, unplugged it and then replugged, restarted my computer, etc. Every time the message was "device is busy."

I contacted HP on-line support and they said this particular printer should work out of the box and doesn't need software updates. Then they said it wouldn't work on iPad until around December 25th. He said I didn't need to do anything. I would just need to wait until December 25th and then it would work. Merry Christmas!!! That explanation doesn't sound believable to me. Both Apple and HP public information is that this printer is now ready for iPad and iPhone. Also, the people at Office Depot where I bought it said it was ready. Can anybody help? Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts