What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad will not jailbreak

LaDouche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a ipad1 running ios 5.0.1

i have tried using redsnow and it tells me ipad 2 is not supported, i tried manually selecting the ipsw and it runs but the exploit always fails

i have tried making the custom ispw with pwnage tool but itunes will not recognize the file, tells me it's unsupported (i've tried changing the host files {on pc} that was "suppose" to fix the issue in a youtube video but the same results)

i have tried it on my mac, win xp and windows 7 all withe the same results (except i used something other than pwnage for the custom ispw on pc ofcourse)

I have no idea whats wrong other that what i just happened to read in comments somewhere that someone said their ipad 1 ispw started with iPad2,1 and were having the same trouble with redsnow but noone replied to them

I have been trying for 3 days and cannot get anywhere with it so its time to outsource

any and all help appreciated,
thanks

OP
L

LaDouche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes it does, front and rear..... im guessing since you ask then it infact an ipad 2.....

if so then even better, i was told it was just an ipad, hell i paid $200 for it in "new" shape

but that does bring me another question.....

the new program for jailbreaking with max, the "absinth" program will not open, i try to open and it just gives me a problem message

ive even tried this method and same results, gives an error and wont open
Error: If Absinthe doesn't launch.
Fix: Hacker @planetbeing has suggested running Absinthe from MAC OS X Terminal. Here are the steps to follow:
- Download Absinthe - updated version.
- Unzip and keep it in a folder on desktop.
- Open Terminal "/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app"
- "cd" into the folder that contains Absinthe. Just type "cd" and drag-n-drop the folder into terminal.
- Type "./Absinthe.app/Contents/MacOS/Absinthe"
"
"

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A couple of our members have reported that Absinthe crashes all the time on their OSX Lion setup. Personally, I haven't seen this, so I'm not sure what to suggest. Sorry.

OP
L

LaDouche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive tried both version several times and it always closes unexpectedly whenever i open it up...

I'm new to mac but the file is suppose to be a zip according to the d/l link but it downloads as an .app , any idea if that may be a problem or is it suppose to be an app

does it have to be in dfu like ipad1 does when you jb it?

forgot to add, im using osx 10.5.8

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does it have to be in dfu like ipad1 does when you jb it?

Whenever you jailbreak a device, DFU mode will always be involved. But that isn't until later, that wouldn't be the cause of Redsn0w crashing.
I would just say to wait and the Dev Team may release an update to fix the crashing.

OP
L

LaDouche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apparently mine is an ipad2 since it has cameras (bought it thinking it was an ipad one like i was told, had no idea on the differnces until after that) so now ive moved onto absinth crashing when i try to open it as an app or in terminal

Most reactions